One of my favourite dishes to order at a Korean restaurant is Kimchi Jjigae - now that I can't dine in to have a sizzling hot stew I decided to try it out myself at home. This is a healthy and easy version that you can try at home! Its definitely not the traditional way of making it and less spicy.
Ingredients you need (1-2 servings):
Few pieces of pork belly for flavour
4-5 Frim Tofu (sliced into 1/2 cm thick pieces or cubes)
1 glove garlic (minced)
1/4 Zucchini or vegetable of your choice (I also had broccoli here)
1 Spring Onions/Scallions
1/2 cup Kimchi
1 tsp Gojuchang (red chilli paste)
1 tsp Miso paste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1) Prepare all your ingredients
2) Heat a saucepan with some EVOO, add pork and kimchi and cook around 5 mins.
3) Add garlic, gochujang, miso paste, all vegetables and stir fry for another 5 mins.
4) Pour water until into pot until it slightly covers the ingredients. Bring to boil and reduced heat to simmer for another 10 mins.
5) Add the tofu in and cook for another 5 - 10 mins
6) Add the scallions and serve with brown rice!